Welcome to Mrs. Romano's class website!
Class Activities and Homework
- The majority of our class work will be submitted electronically in Google Classroom. Are you new to using Google Classroom? Learn more here.
- Class activities and homework are all found in our "Week at a Glance" located in Google Classroom.
- Parents, use these links to view the ELA Week at a Glance and the Social Studies Week at a Glance.
Language Arts Curriculum
Students will have the opportunity to investigate who they are as readers and writers. Through the year, they will develop their Language Arts skills in reading, writing, and speaking.
ELA Priority Standards
- R.I. 8.1 Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- R.L. 8.2 Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot; provide an objective summary of the text.
- W 8.1 Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- W 8.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas.
- W 8.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
- L.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
Social Studies Curriculum
Students will discover the "American Experience" from Revolution through Reconstruction.
- Fighting for independence (1763-1783)
- Establishing the new nation (1781—1815)
- Slavery, expansion, removal, and reform (1801—1850)
- Civil War and Reconstruction (1850—1877)